Friday, September 02, 2022

Your ha-ha-heart goes pit-a-pat.

Mindfulness and control. Sleeping, and sleeping well. Running and not running. And working, and that makes me a little ... I do not know what.

Chose another clip from And Then You Die in 2009. This story was cut when I tried to make the show one hour, and I miss it. I had learned something about myself, about the picture I had created of myself as a youth, that I was oppressed and intimidated by thick-headed athletes when nothing could be farther from the truth. I was the arrogant one. It was me.


In particular I love this clip because I was surprised by an audience member's reaction when I announced, "Twenty years later, I am a jock." It's the kind of thing that only happens in live performance, I hope you enjoy it.

Distance: 3.75 miles
Duration: 36:29
Pace: 9:43
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 63°
Climate: cool but humid
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 182.5 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 180 lbs.

There are a lot of snacks in the rehearsal space. But there's also fresh fruit.

Erotic80s Playlist
Cradle of Love - Billy Idol
The Things That Dreams Are Made Of - Human League
Smooth Operator - Sade
Paradise - Phoebe Cates
Aphrodisiac - Bow Wow Wow
Fascination Street - The Cure
Like To Get To Know You Well - Howard Jones
Some Like It Hot - The Power Station
West End Girls (Disco Mix) - Pet Shop Boys

Slight pain in my knee. Standing straight while you run is a great abdominal workout, and it's just good in general. And by the way, this weather is perfect.

No comments: