Tuesday, January 03, 2023

All these years I've been running from my fears.

So this is the New Year. And I don't feel any different? Actually, I do feel very, very different. My health has been affected during the past twelve months. Is that a reason I have not been running? Or an excuse? Who cares?

Yes, I have been a little winded recently, but then we spent an extended weekend in NYC, walking for miles a day, and I felt great. So, can I keep up some kind of exercise regime -- any exercise regime -- through the winter months? So many questions.

Here we go ... 57 Playlists for 57 Years.

2022 Playlist
Here To Forever * - Death Cab For Cutie
Cracker Island - Gorillaz ft. Thundercat
So Typically Now - U.S. Girls
Tonight - Phoenix ft. Ezra Koenig
Shatter * - Maggie Rogers
Down - Hot Chip
2am - Foals
Get Inspired * - Genesis Owusu
Edge of the Edge - Panda Bear, Sonic Boom
Break My Soul - Beyoncé

What was 2022? My last year of grad school. When we started ignoring the pandemic, oh and I got Covid. My retina detached. My wife was loving her work, my son chose jazz and our eldest exploded as an artist. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 32:12
Pace: 10:23
Route: Boulevard Loop
Temperature: 59°
Climate: damp, you know?
Mood: surprisingly decent
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 30 sec. (6x)
Water: yes

No comments: