Monday, January 16, 2023

You're insecure.

First night after the first run was brutal. Pain in both shoulders. Sleeping on my side has become an issue in my life, ever since I had to sleep exclusively on my right for weeks due to my eye surgery. My legs, my ankles. But not my heart, not my breathing. I should have had more water after that run, that is a fact, I woke in the middle of the night in pain and parched. At least I could get up and drink a glass of water.

But here we are, two weeks later, thinking about running, but not doing it. You know what's really frustrating (and one reason why I procrastinate) is not being able to cobble together complete running kit, once I have decided to actually run.

Today, the elastic band in not one but two pair of long underwear came apart in my hands. Fifteen year old long underwear. Time for new long underwear.

Distance: 2.35 miles
Duration: 26:01
Pace: 11:04
Route: Horizon Loop
Temperature: 41°
Climate: sunny, cool
Mood: enduring

What was 2012? My first Agatha Christie play and also my first publication. I wrote Double Heart in three weeks. The kids were both in elementary school, the wife, I think, at Preterm. It was very important for Obama to win reelection, and he did.

2012 Playlist
Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch
Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
Sex - The 1975
Bubblegum Bitch - Marina
What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift
Wide Awake - Katy Perry
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 60 sec. (1x)
Water: yes

Man. Didn't even need long pants. Jesus.

No comments: