Friday, August 02, 2024

Flood's Cove: Run Eight

Final run in the cove for the season. I have been a wise eater, though I have enjoyed myself a great deal. I continue to do core exercises, to a lesser extent, but I do them. And these runs have been consistent, not arduous, enjoyable, so beautiful.

There's always that first run, back at home, when I think wow. The last time I did this it was down a winding road, through trees, by the ocean. And now I'm just here. And then I remember that I love here, wherever that may be. 

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 32:08
Pace: 9:10

The week has been peaceful, lazy, reading and more reading. Staying close to the cabin.  On Wednesday, I finished both The Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho, and then The Playbook, which I had set aside to begin Joseph's novel.

I have now started a book I received for Father's Day, The Friday Afternoon Club by Griffin Dunne. It's outrageous.

Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 80°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Pain Reliever: TBA

Beautiful run. Strong. My knees will admonish me later.

No comments: