Monday, August 03, 2026

The other side of summer.

Two days on the road, driving home. Lovely visit to Oneida to stay in the community mansion house, spotted a runner Saturday night and though, that looks nice. But taxing. I have had that dizzy feeling again recently, much of it to do with poor sleep.

So sleep we must.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 
Pace: 

Also, while I would like to create a list resolutions for the month of August, it is a question as to whether I will be able to stick to them.

However. I may run in Athens, Cincinnati and Chicago before the month is through. And wouldn't that be interesting?

Route: 
Temperature: 
Climate: 
Mood: 

Summer 1991 Mixtape
The Other Side of Summer - Elvis Costello
Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
Who? Where? Why? (The Crisis 12" Mix) - Jesus Jones
Pop Goes the Weasel - 3rd Bass
A Roller Skating Jam Named "Saturdays" - De La Soul ft. Q-Tip & Vinia Mojica
Kiss Them For Me - Siouxsie & the Banshees
Pure - Lightning Seeds

The best mixtape I ever made was the summer 1991 mixtape. Or maybe it wasn't, who knows. It was stolen the following LL summer, along with the minivan it was in. But I put a lot of time and love into that tape. Themes from sit-coms, snatches of porn films, and some truly amazing songs, chronicling a major transformation. A true beginning.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 170 lbs.

It starts there.

Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: TBA

No comments: