Sunday, January 22, 2006

More whining about warts.

Weight: 170 lbs.
Distance: 2 miles
Water: yes
Stretches: yes
Weather: Cool & overcast

Comments: Ugh. There's this burning spot, the size of a quarter, on the pad of my right foot. Acid. Mmmmm.

Googled "Plantar Warts" for the first time ever yesterday. Dr. J (not the Dr. J, just a Dr. J) - also a runner - tried the duct tape route, and it worked! Just like that! Well, good for him.

Plantar-warts.com wants to give you the impression that some happy soul (sole?) took it upon themsleves to actually register a domain name just to spread the word about how successful Dr. Scholl's Clear Away One-Step pads are at defeating Plantar Warts.

Plantar Warts Bsics informed me I have "mosaic" plantar wrts.

WebMD braced me for the possibility of surgery, and how it would be executed (didn't need to know that.)

Anyway, I've just had it. I didn't intend to keep a runner's blog so I could moan about these things, but they are crimping my style. And I risk injury every time I go out for a run dealing with them. Overcompensating for the pain in the ball of one foot is no way to run, and I have to go slow so I don't pull anything. But this is where I am right now. Sigh.

No comments: