Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Resolution

Last year was to be the one when I ran a marathon. I had gotten myself into a regular training routine, and had the mind to do it. Then a (minor) work-related injury left me sidelined, and it has taken me this long to resume - or to begin to resume - regular exercise.

To that end I went out yesterday and bought lots of stuff, including a pair of Adidas Supernovas (10 1/2) a Mountain Hardware Butter Beanie, and a new jock strap (Bike.)

Weight: 169.5 lbs.
Distance: 2 miles
Water: Yes
Stretches: Yes
Weather: Brisk
Playlist:
Holiday - Green Day
Mirror In the Bathroom - The Beat
I Don't Want Your Love - Duran Duran
Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge

Comment: Oh, this is going to be hard.

Bad News: 10 lbs. overweight, with a compulsion to eat everything in my reach. Just yesterday I scarfed down some four M&M cookies. Today it was fried crap from BK.

Good News: There was a period last year when I doubted I would ever run again. The plan is to run no more than three days a week, and only for short distances, until the first day of spring. It will be a difficult road back ... but it's been harder than this before.

No comments: