Monday, April 07, 2008

Elvis isn't dead

This winter the city - accidentally - knocked over the lightpost next to our driveway. How do I know it was accidental? I happened to be there when it happened.

They were doing sewer work in the street next to my neighbor's. The backhoe was blocking my drive, and I was loading the kids into my car, planning to ask them to move their rig so I could take my charge to work. Suddenly the backhoe lurched forward, hit the post and it went over with a stunningly fast and dull thud.

Wow. A half dozen workers standing very close - and me and my kids just up the drive. I don't even want to think about it.

Within a day the post was cut into four feet lengths and it sat on the curb more or less from the beginning of February until yesterday. I will give them a break - several feet of snow had been covering them for a long portion of that time.

However, I am going to call soon and make sure there is a plan in effect to replace it. Without that one post, our intersection is pretty dark at night. It's creepy.

God, what a blessed run tonight. And I have to say, an awesome mix for an after-dark run.

1995 Playlist
Supernova- Liz Phair
Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago - Soul Coughing
Troubled Mind - Everything But the Girl
Buddy Holly - Weezer
Hello - Poe
Connection - Elastica
You and Me Song - The Wannadies
Good - Better Than Ezra
The Things That I Used To Do - G. Love & Special Sauce
High Noon - Kruder & Dorfmeister
Mystery Train - Michael J. Sheehey
The More You Ignore Me - Morrissey
Cooldown: A - Barenaked Ladies
    (Last Year's 1995 Playlist)
    Scream - Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson
    I Saw the Light - The The
    I Don't Wanna Grow Up - The Ramones
    White Lines - Duran Duran
    The Hearts Filthy Lesson (Alt. Mix) - David Bowie
    Car Song - Elastica
    1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
    Cooldown: Geek Stink Breath - Green Day
Run stats:
Days to Cleveland: 40
Distance: 5.15 miles
Weight: 170.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Push-ups: 10
Sit-Ups: 80
Temperature: 68º
Weather: blissful

No comments: