Friday, April 11, 2008

I am the high you can't sustain

Snack avoidance. I have tried, without thinking too hard about it, not to eat sh*t.

On an ordinary afternoon it is difficult for me not to get a 99¢ bag of Doritos and a can of something (more often one of those cans that look like a battery) for the drive home. Not because I am hungry. Because I am bored. If I don't keep my jaw working, I begin to get drowsy and by the time I get home - and need to pick up for Mom - I am miserable.

Will power - as I said, passive willpower, I just try and think of something else - has gotten me through the past week and I have had nothing but food at mealtime and the occasional piece of fruit.

If there are cookies at the front desk I'll have one, and it will seem like a treat, and not just another in a parade of things I stuff in my gob.

And lately I have been chewing a lot of gum. A whole lot of gum. Little pieces of sugar-free gum. Mmmn. Gum.

Run stats:
Days to Cleveland: 36
Distance: 5.15 miles
Weight: 169.5 lbs. (Can we keep this under 170, please?)
Stretches: yes
Push-ups: 15
Sit-Ups: 80
Temperature: 61º
Weather: warm & breezy

1994 Playlist
Mr. Self Destruct - Nine Inch Nails
The Becoming - Nine Inch Nails
13 Steps Lead Down - Elvis Costello
Don't Fade Away - Milla Jovovich
Root Down - The Beastie Boys
Didi (Funk Club) - Khaled
Buried at Sea - MC 900 Ft. Jesus
Tribal Dance - 2 Unlimited
Possession - Sarah McLachlan
Big Man With A Gun - Nine Inch Nails
Cooldown: A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins
Long View - Green Day
    (Last Year's 1994 Playlist)
    Ripper Sole - Stomp
    Come Out and Play* - The Offspring
    Sure Shot - The Beastie Boys
    Girls & Boys - Blur
    Missing (Terry Todd Remix) - Everything But the Girl
    All That She Wants- Ace of Base
    Get Ready for This - 2 Unlimited
    Closer to God - Nine Inch Nails
    Bitterness - Soul Coughing

No comments: