Monday, December 29, 2008

Break's over, back on your head.

Three runs in three straight days. Breezy and cool, perfect. Tomorrow we go home.

For fourteen years I have been welcomed, accepted into this house. I never feel judged here, it is in this place that I learn how not to judge. In times of greatest shame I have returned here, to feel forgiven. In times of greatest mourning I have come here for comfort. This place calms my anxieties, soothes my troubled mind, strengthens my resolve, helps me to change what I can, accept what I cannot ... the proverb is somewhat musty.

When we return there will be Christmas things to put away, baseboards to paint, lines to internalize, schedules to revise, taxes to be paid, thank you notes to write, rooms to be cleared, hand-me-downs to be sorted, comics to be sold, shows to be promoted, children to be taught.

Until then, a beer, a shower, a movie, in the soothing comfort of home.

Distance: 4.25 miles
Temperature: 44 degrees

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Betta Change (161 BPM)

No comments: