Thursday, December 25, 2008

A chorus of angels

Running Lakewood, from my folks house to Cove and back. I have not run this Lake Avenue since 2006, and then it was in the oppostie direction. To honor this occasion, I have been working on that part of the show ... and editing.

Editing is good. I have not had the chance to calculate how many words I have removed since Ali and I have begun our stand-up work. It's not major, but it's helpful. Working the show on my feet points up where I am simultaneously saying what I am doing. And so I stop saying it and just do it. There's a lot of that.

Also, I flatly state something and then give it a metaphor. The houses of west Cleveland are huge. Mountainous. How about mountainous without the huge? They weren't even mountainous until I started comparing the "terrain" to the Arctic. See the show, you'll get it.

Happy holidays, everyone. I hope to run most days I am in Athens this week.

Distance: 5 miles
Temperature: 23 degrees ... with snowflakes!
Weight: It's Christmas!

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - In The Zone (140 BPM)

No comments: