Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Knee wrap-up

Final (cross fingers) visit to Dr. V. yesterday. He says it all looks good, no swelling. I should be able to do anything.

As we are trying to be as frugal as possible these days, I asked if there were any way to minimize the damage inflicted by running on pavement instead of a treadmill or indoor track. The only honest advice he could provide was, don't run on pavement.

He also said I have a runner's body and there is no reason I couldn't go the rest of my life without suffering another injury like this one, so that's good. If I can limit it to one every 40 years, that would be super.

Today my left knee hurts.

UPDATE:

Distance: 5 miles
Temperature: 48 degrees
Weight: 155 lbs.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Rainy Day Run (145 BPM)

Wow, that's one of my favorites. If you haven't noticed, I have started listening to old PODRUNNER mixes, more or less in order, from the beginning - 2006. They were a great help on long runs, I used them to get down MLK and back several times. I had a few I went back to occasionally, and this was one of them.

Because it's raining! An early December thaw, spring-like weather. Supposed to snow tomorrow - or at least get freezing and make all this lovely water treacherous. And so, because I can't help myself, I went five miles.

Who knows, I may not be able to do that again until March. Or that one, freaky 70 degree day that usually pops up the first week of January.

If you'll notice, I don't usually run in December much. Last year I forced myself to run five times. In 2006 - after the marathon - not at all. As a result I missed the SPECTACULAR lights display, just around the corner, across from Sarah's mom's house. Have to take the kids to see that.

155 lbs. Jesus. Haven't seen that since the boy was born.

No comments: