Saturday, March 28, 2009

Your music sucks.


The knees. Little bubbles. I do my stretches, the discomfort goes away. Or moves. I feel like I am performing a penance when I step into my gear. But for what?

That run absolutely blew. A great, mild spring day, chilly at times but mostly sunshiny and calm. Would have gone out yesterday, but there were chores to do and kids to spend time with. Up so late both nights that I slept in past when it would have been opportune to get out.

Today, again, all about the others. That's what I call my family, "the others." When they finally got out to leave me time to myself (to run, and you know, pick up after them) it was rainy and cold. I headed out anyway, and the wind whipped up, the rain stinging my knees.

And suddenly I thought ... "And why?" I came back in a haste (wind now at my back, perhaps it's not as bad as I - drop that line of thinking right now) and I will now shower, pop a beer ... and pick up sh*t.


1987 Playlist
Big Love - Fleetwood Mac
We're The Replacements - They Might Be Giants
Lips Like Sugar - Echo & The Bunnymen

Distance: about a mile
Temperature: 48º and hey-ho the wind and the rain
Weight: 153 lbs.

No comments: