Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Psycho

Following my last run (which was almost a week ago, you'll notice) I thought I felt swelling in my left knee. And I got very, very upset. I kept feeling and checking my knee. Is that fluid under the tissue? Yes, definitely. No ... it feels that way on the right knee. Wait, my knees are bent differently, even them out, how does that feel? Is that spongy? Is that?

I couldn't tell what was my knee, and what was the sensation of skin, bone and muscle under my fingers. What is that pain, why do my knees feel tight? What if it blows up again, will Dr. V. be mad at me? Think I am a moron for continuing to run?

He did say I could run. He did not say I could not run. He was wise, of course, not to tell me nothing else bad might happen. Who knows?

I saw R. for massotherapy and foot reflexology on Saturday. I told her about my knee, she put some kind of "energy light" onto it. Not a heat lamp, it wasn't hot, it was ... well, an energy light. I have no idea. And you know what? It worked.

I have not had time to run since last Thursday ... or I have been afraid to. A bit of both. Tomorrow Brian and I are doing the Earth Day 5K. Last year I tried to run really, super fast. It felt terrible, and I didn't even place, not even with, like five guys in my division. I don't run to win, I run to run. And tomorrow, I will be keeping up with Brian.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Good luck. If I can get a run in this week I'll be moving on to week 5 of the Couch to 5K program.