Saturday, August 13, 2011

Let the man go through.


What an amazing day! It is truly astonishing what my family and I can accomplish around the house when we have absolutely nothing else to do. I cannot remember a Saturday in the past several years when there hasn't been something to do.

...

... we forgot a birthday party, I know it.

Anyway, we were all sorting, bagging, putting things away -- in my case, safely getting mold off things. It was a great success. Then I whipped together garlicky kale and whole wheat pasta and we all watched Project Runway.

"Little House on the Gay-rie." How's that?

Distance: 5.2 miles
Temperature: 75º
Weather: Full moon!
Weight: 173 lbs.

Okay, he's something running relevant. I ache. Ever since I was running those hills and uneven roads in Maine, I have been hurting. My knees, my back, but in a very odd and unpleasant way, my hips. Not in the socket, the was it hurt during training for example, but behind the iliac crest -- I believe I have that right. Not my hip, really, my pelvis.

Um, should I be worried about this? Is it because I am carrying more weight these days? Or just because I am ageing?

Tonight's run was awesome, by the way. Full moon, not ridiculously humid (by Cleveland standards.) And people were sharing the sidewalk for a change.

The Distance Genius Mix
The Distance - Cake
The Sound of Settling - Death Cab for Cutie
Add It Up - Violent Femmes
Super Bon Bon - Soul Coughing
Under the Milky Way - The Church
We're Going To Be Friends - The White Stripes
Hang Me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids
Jerk It Out - Caesars
Radio Free Europe - R.E. M.
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
The Beginning of the End of the Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins
The New Pollution - Beck

What is up with all this rock-pop crap? Daddy needs techno.

No comments: