Monday, August 22, 2011

You got the moves. So let's see them.


After more than a week, I was yearning to go for a run. I had become depressed and unhappy. But by evening last night, my eyes were aching, and my ears felt stuffed, my head full of painful density.

But I suited up, and headed out. The first ten paces were wonderful. Then I felt the weight of my stomach, I felt heavy and unwieldly. After a few houses I was overwhelmed by fatigue, and the pain behind my eyes, weighing on my head beginning to swell.

I knew that if I could just keep going, this would pass. I turned the corner, and my temples began to throb, and them my entire head was biting with pain. I slowed to a walk, pulled off my kerchief, rubbed the space between my eyes, breathed deeply and step by step I headed home.

Four pain relievers, two Benadryls, and a trippy night's sleep. When I woke the pain was still there.

Oh, the great turn of the season.

Distance: 3.3 miles
Temperature: 66º
Weather: lovely.
Weight: 171.5 lbs.

Good Lord. That was much better.

Do What U Like Genius Mix
Do What U Like - Bad Boy Bill
Rocket Ride (160 bpm) - Felix da Housecat
Derezzed - Daft Punk
Feel It In My Bones - Tiësto ft. Tegan & Sara
Cascades Of Colour - Ananda Project
Gypsy Woman - Crystal Waters
The Launch (Rollercoaster's Pumped Up Mix) - DJ Jean
9 PM ('Till I Come) (Signum Remix) - ATB

1 comment:

T. Roger Thomas said...

Sleep makes everything better