Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'll catch up to you one of these times, baby.


You're nocturnal, only come out at night.
- Duran Duran,  Nite Runner

Yes. That's what that means.

Tried using Wii Fit for my post-run cooldown yesterday. Not stretching after a run may be the key to all my life problems. Doing one rep of 30 knee bends after each run last winter seemed to help alleviate the pain in my shins, but doing the upper body workout is where I just lose momentum.

And you know, part of that is know what to do, which exercises to choose. After knee surgery, I was given a specific list of exercises which I followed with great fealty, because someone told me to. I follow orders. I would have made a good Nazi. Maybe that's why I find it so easy to follow the instructions of a kind, Aryan Wii personal trainer whose lips don't move.

Temperature: 30°
Climate: Oh, here it comes.
Distance: 3.25 miles

Received a Facebook post that it is deceptively cold out, due to high winds. Good Lord, he was right. Thanks, Karl! Freezing winds, light snow. Winter's comin'.

2007 Playlist
Nite Runner - Duran Duran ft. Justin Timerblake
Flathead - The Fratellis
Dashboard - Modest Mouse
Acceptable In The 80s - Calvin Harris
My Moon My Man - Feist
Driving This Road Until Death Sets You Free - Zombie Zombie
Foundations * - Kate Nash

Cooldown:
All Good Things (Come To An End) [Spanish Version] - Nelly Furtado

So, recently someone posted 99 Life Hacks To Make Life Easier (that's an ill phrase, a vile phrase, "life hacks to make life easier" is a vile phrase) which in many cases illustrate how to store shit you don't need in shit you don't throw away. I was thinking of making my own list of "life hacks" but they end up just sounding like "advice".

1. See those vegetables in your fridge? Eat them.
2. See that pile of discarded toilet paper tubes? Recycle them.
3. See that trick with the soda pop bottle? You really shouldn't buy soda pop.

And so on.

No comments: