Sunday, January 06, 2013

He whom life can no longer surprise.


Respite from the freezing temps, which should last all week. I hope this means more running. I feel huge, and having to bundle up for work only exacerbates this feeling. But so much to do now, grant requests to be created, this morning I had some beautiful pictures pop into my head for a script I have been working on.

Facebook is my Achilles' Heel, but if it weren't that it would be something else. I get so mad at myself for looking at it which I should work working, writing, thinking, reading or playing, but it has its uses. Not least of which is to share the misery.

No, back up, not true. Facebook is where I am exceeding precious and clever. The misery is to be found here.

Temperature: 39°
Climate: Wet, crusty, clear and slushy.
Distance: 3.25 miles

In SHORTS, son.

Not usually do I have the opportunity to exchange pleasant words with other runners on the run. We are running away from each other, or towards each other, or on the opposite sides of the street. And besides ... how awkward, to be running next to someone you don't know. What is the etiquette?

However, I was at the top of my street, and happened upon another fellow at the light. He seemed in great cheer, taking a run with his dog. I had to take off my headphones.

He told me this was his first run in ten days -- that was when he and his wife had a baby! The sleep deprivation had been keeping him from running and it was really getting to him, but not to complain. He said he even felt a bit selfish taking a run, but I absolved him. Healthy body, healthy mind, they need him in top form.

That is my job. I absolve people.

1972 Playlist
I Wanna Be With You - The Raspberries
Virginia Plain - Roxy Music
Watched of the Skies - Genesis
Go All the Way - The Raspberries
Suffragette City - David Bowie
Burning Love - Elvis Presley
Reelin' in the Years - Steely Dan
Day After Day - Badfinger
Rocks Off - The Rolling Stones

Ladies and gentlemen ... Mr. Eric Carmen. CLEVELAND REPRESENT.

No comments: