Sunday, January 13, 2013

Do the James Brown!


But then again, no. I was born in 1968. But I was conceived in 1967. And so this year, we reach back further. We will have 47 Playlists for 47 Years. Yes, we will.

1967 Playlist
Run, Run, Run - The Velvet Underground 
Tell Mama - Etta James
I Was Made To Love Her - Stevie Wonder
Cold Sweats, Pts. 1 & 2 - James Brown
Good Morning Good Morning  - The Beatles
Hip Hug-Her - Booker T. & The MGs
Big Boss Man - Elvis Presley
Memphis Soul Stew - King Curtis
I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free - Nina Simone

That was an awesome playlist. More R&B, thank you. If Elvis had only concentrated on that exclusively, he'd be alive today.

"Run, Run, Run"? Not about running.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: very light rain
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 180.5 lbs.

High today of 64°, with a low of 28°. Better to get that run in now, and dream of the next warm front ... which should arrive in maybe two weeks.

No comments: