Wednesday, July 24, 2013

You can do anything you set your mind to, man.

Maine is Magic.

First morning in Flood's Cove. The boy has been obsessed with getting to fish, and fish we have. Not the way he wanted, not out in a boat. It is too foggy to go out, even at noon. But he caught an eight-inch mackerel off the dock, so that is something. 

As I prepare for my run, I can hear him and my father on the porch, Dad telling stories, the boy asking questions, which lead to more stories. I cannot recall when the two of them have had such an in-depth conversation.

These are the conversations I entirely neglected to have with my grandfathers.


Temperature:77°
Climate: foggy, then sunny
Distance: 3.8 miles

Familiar route, new experience with the clown shoes. Always a new adventure, and always a pleasant one. Running up the first hill out of the Cove was surprising at first, then surprisingly easy.

Friendship Days is this weekend. There is a 5K on Saturday. Looking forward to that.

Nothing Decade
Shine - Take That
Breakeven - The Script
Fire - Ferry Corsten
SexyBack - Justin Timerlake
Wavin' Flag - K'Naan
Close Your Eyes (Faze Action Mix) - Bebel Gilberto
Lose Yourself - Eminem

No comments: