Thursday, December 25, 2014

We're here tonight and that's enough.


Christmas at the Wolf Homestead. The house is full of family from the neighborhood, Chicago, Columbus, Nantucket, and of course, Cleveland. The Christmas Eve meal was vast and absurd, turkey and ham, thrice-baked potatoes, and a number of pies which I believe were to be saved for tonight, but oh well, you know?

I took it easy on the drinking, one cocktail, thank you, not two. And limited wine at dinner. Here, as at my parents' house, the humidity or heat makes my head unhappy. My beloved spouse brought me water several times in the middle of the night, which was very much appreciated.It did not help that there were children who were finding it difficult to sleep, what with Santa arriving and all, and our tight full bed was crammed with three.

The morning was a delightful celebration of thoughtful gift-giving. I am always surprised by the creativity and grandiosity. My father-in-law gave us a handmade "hat-track"designed specifically for our new garage -- and that is exactly where it will go.

A couple hours spent leisurely in the Skull, I don't think I paid for a single drink. Speaking of which, the out-laws have made special "Saloon"-free Smiling Skull hoodies for the kids, so they can wear them to school without violating dress code!

The weather is cooler, but remains mild. The nights have been raining outright, but this day is too calm and bright not to take advantage.

So grateful. So thankful. So peaceful. These are times to be remembered.

Temperature: 41°
Distance: 2.85 miles

Oh ho, Father Christmas was deceptive. The skies were bright and the air was calm as I headed out, but in a short time the clouds rolled in an it got very breezy. I decided to break the run short. Besides, after all the consumption of the past twenty-four hours, and lack of sleep, I want to be sure I do not have to crash too early. Going to see Into the Woods this afternoon!

Holiday Run
Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
FaLaLaLaLove Ya - Nikki Lane
Snowman - XTC
San Valley Ski Run - Esquivel
Last Christmas (Pudding Mix) - Wham!
Wonderful Christmastime - Straight No Chaser ft. Paul McCartney

Listen to how Akrons' own The Waitresses came up with "Christmas Wrapping".
 
WCPN 90.3 FM Ideastream

No comments: