Saturday, December 24, 2016

Knowing just where you are going.

The weather, the activity ... you know? Forget that, I haven't been running because I haven't wanted to run. Not once, not at all. And I've gained weight and my legs hurt and I feel flabby and unwell. So there's a choice I have to make. Am I going to attempt o remain fit, have a healthy diet and exercise regularly or not?

Yes, it's the holidays. So? No excuse. I need an early New Year's resolution. I want a change. With so much uncertainty in the world there's (excuse the reference) I am the one thing in life I can control.

Distance: 5 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:19
Duration: 41:38

For the record, I am sick and tired of people treating the year "2016" like it's some kind of mummy's curse of a year because people keep dying, like Alan Thicke or Bernard Fox. I can't tell if people are being serious or actually superstitious, but people fucking die, every single day. Some of them are innocent nobodies and not Z-list celebrities you haven't even thought of in decades.

No, the year 2016 sucks because that's when my father died. Alan Thicke can suck a dick and die twice for all I care.

Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Pavement: wet
Temperature: 46°
Climate: cool
Mood: sanguine

Cool by the river, not an unpleasant breeze. Just wet, no snow, very few others on the path the day before Christmas. So, why not? I went five miles instead. And it was easy. Tomorrow it may be a bit more challenging but I'll do it, no matter what. The temperature is supposed to spike to the sixties by Monday, too. It's my vacation, and I will run if I want to.

Also, if you are in Athens you can plan on seeing me at the Skull around 10 AM.  Join me!

Christmas Wrapping Playlist
The Power of Love - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Echo Beach * - Martha & the Muffins
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Golden Brown - The Stranglers
Golden Touch - Razorlight
Winter Wonderland * - Eurythmics
Weather With You (Live) - Crowded House
Planet Earth (Night Mix) - Duran Duran
Parklife - Blur
Wild Wood * - Paul Weller
2000 Miles - The Pretenders

Yes, now that you mention it, why the hell isn't Paul Weller in the Rock Hall?

No comments: