Friday, December 30, 2016

I'm a little bit slow.

Home again. Long morning not-writing, scheduling opps, thinking about maybe running. It was a long, leisurely, pleasant vacation with the outlaws. Planning for the New Year is, in spite of everything, exciting. Once you have faced failure, what is left except to work for success?

The kids are well and in a good place, and so, I think, is the wife. It is freezing out, which is all the more reason to get moving.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:12
Duration: 28:44
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Pavement: wet, dusty snow
Temperature: 28°
Climate: windy
Weight: 172.5 lbs.
Goal: 165 lbs.
Mood: leaning forward

Running in the cold, it works just fine. Thinking about Chicago, October 8. Wonder if there are tickets to Hamilton available, that would make the journey worth it, amirite?

It is a fact that the wind, when it blows, blows down Monticello from west to east. This is why both times I have run out to 271 and back (12 miles) the return trip is completely miserable. Fool me once, etc. You may have noticed I have not done that again, not since 2012.

So, heading out to the park was arduous today, but hoped the wind would be at my back on my way home, and so it was. Never realized was great, fast bpm "Wedding" has, but it also laid me out a little. The final tracks kept me going, however.

The Obama Years have yielded some amazing music - especially from women.

Obama Years (2009-2016)
Batches & Cookies - Lizzo ft. Sophia Eris
Believer - American Authors
Burn It Down - Sims
Cake By The Ocean -DNCE
She's Not Me - Jenny Lewis
Giving Up The Gun - Vampire Weekend
Wedding * - Poliça
Rolling In The Deep - Adele
Starships - Nicki Minaj

Thanks for the extra push, Nicki.

No comments: