Sunday, December 25, 2016

To romantic places.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah. Day two of the new running schedule, we shall see how long this will last. Temperatures in the fifties make it a bit easier to work up the courage.

It was not a ridiculous evening, I was able not to overindulge though I can't speak for how well I will behave today. We already loaded up the coffee with Baileys this morning before several Guinness at the Skull. I have had a nap already and it's only just past lunchtime.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:20
Duration: 25:02
Route: Hocking River Bike Path

I felt a bit weary at the start, that is what happens when you jump back into exercise two days in a row, and also when you spent the morning drinking. Didn't stop me however, I built speed as I ran and three miles was just the perfect length. I never even felt like stopping.

I don't usually listen to jazz on the run but I'd generated this playlist and thought I would try to out. That may have been what kept me from running any faster than I did, which is a good thing.

Pavement: dry
Temperature: 52°
Climate: perfect
Mood: joyful. right?

Gifts have been opened, everyone is sitting around, watch the Cavs, relaxing. Best to you.

Christmastime Is Here Playlist
Skating - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Kathy's Waltz - The Dave Brubeck Quartet
These Foolish Things - Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra ft. Billie Holiday
My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nina Simone
Cold Cold Heart - Norah Jones
Christmas Time Is Here - Diana Krall
Dance Me To The End of Love - Madeleine Peyroux

No comments: