Saturday, July 29, 2017

2017 Friendship Day 5K

24th Annual Friendship Day 5K
Start: 7:45 am
Her Time: 26:41

Thinking of renaming the blog Daddy Runs...

Not sure exactly what my time was, doesn't matter. Wasn't my best, to be sure. I still have a road back. I wonder whether I will recover from this, if running will continue to be a thing for me. Perhaps I am just trying to accept the possibility that my best work is behind me.

Enough about me. We all headed out today. My wife and the boy ran the one mile, they did very good work. When the five kilometer started I was ahead, but by the first mile the girl had passed me and she stayed out a head of me the whole way.

I knew this day would come.

What's most distressing for me is not that I run slower now (breathing has become harder) it's that recovery time for something as simple as a 5K has become a serious pain.

But enough about me.

The girl ran the entire course without stopping to walk, which was a personal goal for her. This is her third 5K, and by far her fastest, never having run one under thirty minutes. She is in training for high school soccer, conditioning begins in earnest on Tuesday, August 1, that's in just a few days.

She passes me.

1 comment:

Run away from Trouble said...

The rite of passage. Whomp whomp whomp. Part of you is happy that she did so well, and the other part is like, you young punk.