Saturday, July 22, 2017

Salem Run

See what I did there?
Three days in Salem, almost didn't take a run but this morning my wife encouraged me to, and I am very thankful for that. Time was I would obsess about getting a run in - plural runs - when visiting a new city, a different city. It makes me feel the place more deeply, running through it.

Distance: 2.5 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:58
Duration: 22:25
Route: Salem Commons & Harbor

Our B&B was only a block from Salem Commons, and a city block in Salem is only about one hundred feet. Also, I jogged down to the harbor and out onto the pier where we had gone fishing the night before.

Temperature: 73°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: good, you know?

We have seen many things, I really like visiting Salem. Places rich in history excite me. We'll only have a week in Maine this year, but this trip was definitely worth it. The girl and I have made plans to run the Friendship 5K next Saturday, I hope training this week goes well.

No comments: