Sunday, July 16, 2017

Smooth, my, floatin' like a butterfly.

Weirdest thing this morning. Bright, sunshiny day. I was working on the deck. Suddenly, it started to rain. I looked up and there was lie, one cloud, over my deck. It was like a Charlie Brown thing. Weird.

Distance: 5.5 miles
Avg. Pace: 9:02
Duration: 49:41
Route: Forest Hills Park

When was the last time I went on a running date? Must be ten years. Last time I ran with Chris was the Cleveland Half Marathon, May 15, 2016 -- when it snowed.

Today was very enjoyable, and inspiring. Not only was it a great five mile run, but I had a partner to run with, we talked about training and diet and theater and everything, and I got to be a tour guide, pointing out places of interest through Forest Hill Park.

You know I love being a tour guide.

Chris told me about some upcoming events, and also running organizations which sounded appealing, including We Run This City and an after-work club I have to check out. More on these in the future, I hope.

Temperature: 72°
Climate: sunny & bright
Mood: pretty good

Haven't run more than five miles since the beginning of March. Yes, the sciatica hurts. Last night it made sitting to watch a play for two and a half hours seriously irritating. But what I am supposed to do, not run?

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today:
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia) - Us3

No comments: