Sunday, August 20, 2017

We're on the road to paradise.

We took a long run today, a ten mile, out to Gandhi and back. Yesterday was a big one of outdoor, neighborhood activity. The Block Party, yes, before that the girl had a scrimmage. I ate a hot dog. I ate a cheeseburger. There was macaroni salad and cake. Over the course of one long afternoon I had two and a half beers, but I stopped well before bedtime.

Still, sugar and fat and lots of it. I could taste it in my mouth this morning. Amy warned me about sugar, now I can't get it out of my head.

Distance: 10.25 miles
Avg. Pace: 9:23
Duration: 1:36:17
Route: Gandhi and Back
 
Our last long run, last week, affected my sciatica in a way running hasn't for several weeks. I am wondering what I will feel like n a few hours. I am going to do a series of stretches now, as a kind of precaution. Earlier this week I couldn't sleep until I took pain reliever for it.

Temperature: 63°→67°
Climate: sunny & humid
Mood: all right

Will I run a marathon next year? Can I run a marathon next year? Which marathon will I run next year?

I am currently taking ten miles runs on the weekend. I must be training for something.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 173.5 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads

No comments: