Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Come all this distance.

It is happening. Meeting Chris, I have to run a mile to the meeting places, then we run about three miles through the park before we return to the meeting place. That means another mile back, on my own.

The past several times we have met, I have stopped running at five miles and walked the rest of the way. I was just tired. This morning I wanted to keep going, ran the last half mile home. Didn't feel any need to slow down. In fact, that half-mile was 8:08. It was my fastest length of the morning.

Distance: 5.5 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:41
Duration: 47:48
Route: Forest Hill Run

My running partner is named Chris. So is my father-in-law. Do not let this confuse you.

Temperature: 66°
Climate: sunny, cool & humid
Mood: all right

My wife is home after being in Columbus and then Athens, looking after family. She will leave again on Thursday, and I will look after the kids. This is how we do these things.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 175 lbs. (+3.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Don't Break This Rhythm - Peter Gabriel

No comments: