Friday, October 04, 2019

Wish we could turn back time.

It was a hard-earned lesson, but I it was made clear to me at a very early age that it is not necessary for me to let everyone in the neighborhood know our family's personal business. My mother also impressed upon me that it was never appropriate to judge or comment upon other families on their business.

In short, I was taught to mind my own business. I was never very good at it, but that's what mom would have preferred.

So I will not comment her health, or how her issues are affecting my ability to train for this race. Let me just make clear this is the case, it is trying, and mind your own business.

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 50:08
Pace: 8:21
Route: Forest Hill-Cain Park Loop
Temperature: 56°
Climate: overcast, some light rain
Mood: bad
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

It's not that this is hard, it's that its not happening. I am hoping for a miracle next week. This has become a terrible time to be attempting another marathon. I used to get up early to run, but I can't because I need my sleep. I would run in the evening, but I can't because everyone has schoolwork to accomplish and I am needed to keep the house in order.

There's no time, and when there is time, I feel guilty for having taken time. I hate this. I cannot remember the last time I was happy.

I cannot remember the last time I was happy. That's very depressing, isn't it?

What's That Lyric?
Stressed Out - Twenty-One Pilots

No comments: