Friday, July 24, 2020

Run away.

Our last full day, we must depart tomorrow at nine. am. Traditionally it is at noon, why so early? They clean the cabin from top to bottom, a thorough disinfecting. Indeed, when we arrived I had never found the place so clean. I mean, it's been clean, but there's clean and there's clean.

Check out at nine, next family cannot check in until five. They have taken things seriously here, and so have we. Always distanced, never stepping into anyone else's cabin. Outdoor meetings only.

The weather has been so pleasant, we have done our fishing and reading and reading and reading. The boy caught a four pound bass yesterday in Crystal Pond. He has not yet eaten any of his catches, back into the pond it went. But that was a real big fish.

The work resumes on Monday, if permitted I believe I will return to the office. There is so much we need to do.

Summer reading (hers, not mine.)
Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 33:28
Pace: 9:34
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 79°
Climate: sunny & hot!
Mood: good, thanks.

Brisk run, hot and free. Right hip complaining for a bit, now my left knee. But there s nothing for me to complain about, really. A week that began with a deep slide into much controlled mourning (there are no secrets in this house, there are no ceilings upstairs but for the roof, my tears were muffled and silent) has resolved itself into a feeling of relaxation and something akin to relief.

Long drive tomorrow, a short one on Sunday. And that would be my birthday.

No comments: