Saturday, May 20, 2023

2023 Heights Tiger 5K

BDE (Big Dad Energy)
2023 Heights Tiger 5K
Start: 9:00 AM
Unofficial Time: 23:51.5
Pace: 7:24
Place Overall: 21/223
Place Mens 50-54: 1/2

Not the day I asked for, I would have preferred sun. But the temperature was perfect, and the rain held while the run was actually happening.

Temperature: 53°
Climate: overcast & misty 
Mood: good

I ran with intention. I wanted to go fast, and see what I could do. So I wore headphones (forgive me) and tried to keep up with the track. This worked until we got to the hill in Cain Park and I never really got it back. The hill took a lot out of me.
  
170-179 BPM Playlist
Go (Extended Mix) - Tones On Tail
Paper Planes - M.I.A.
Buried at Sea - MC 1000 ft. Jesus
Compression - Everything But the Girl
Sheena Is a Punk Rocker - The Ramones
Deathwish - The Police

Caught up with on of my son's friends in Cain Park, though. I think that surprised him, he's a member of the track team. It inspired him, too, he sped up and paced me by almost a minute.

Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Upper body: 10 reps.
Water: yes

Heading down the last road before we reached the high school (and the finish) this kid, maybe ten years old, he noticed I was about to pass him and he intentionally moved in front of me, which was obnoxious. Like, I would try to pass him and he would move, again, to stay in front of me.

I laughed. But this was just the kind of thing I would have done at his age. The difference is, whoever I got in front of would probably have yelled, "Get out of my way, kid!" because that's how things happened to me. 

Anyway, we were finally passing someone else, he went left, I went right and blew past him. Little shit. 

Breakfast: banana, coffee w/cream
Lunch: one slab pepperoni pizza, taro boba tea
Snack: leftover gnocchi (small)
Happy Hour: Masthead IPA, chips
Dinner: pasta, sauce & parm w/corn
Evening: beer (1x)

Too wet and chilly to wait for results. No idea how I placed (yet) but I'm happy with my pace.

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 177 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 175 lbs.

No comments: