Monday, May 29, 2023

I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger.

What a great weekend, relaxing and spending money in downtown Cleveland. While I did not over eat, I sure did drink a lot, morning noon and night. I guess that's fun once in a while.

Time for a HOT RUN!

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 38:36
Pace: 9:39
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 78°
Climate: sunny & HOT
Mood: very good

Early Alternative Playlist
Girls On Film - Duran Duran
Love Plus One - Haircut 100
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Cannonball - The Breeders
Train In Vain (Stand By Me) - The Clash
Tainted Love - The Soft Cell
Birthday - The Sugarcubes
Rise - The Public Image Ltd.
Ooh La La - The Faces
Roadrunner - The Modern Lovers
Goo Goo Muck - The Cramps
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Upper body: 10 reps. (2x)
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, (bland) gravy over (flat) biscuit, sausage patty, cut fruit & OJ 
Lunch: leftover pizza, slaw (1/2 C.), wafer cookies (2x)
Happy Hour: elderflower lemonade, fizzy water
Dinner: hot dog w/everything, slaw (1/2 C.)

So I get into these phases where I'll eat something with regularity like it's normal. Two dollar bag of Doritos, daily. Or a candy bar. Pop Tarts, maybe. Like, I'm fine I want this, I'll get it and eat it.

This has been the case with beer and whiskey, also, for some time. Or until just recently. Like, I want a drink, I'll have a beer.

Right now, at the end of a holiday day, I could have a beer, right? But that seems like a lot. I'm thirsty, but that seems heavy. Even a light beer. And that's a good way to feel. Yesterday we had a Bloody Mary at breakfast, which was good for my head. Yes, it was! And a beer at the game, because you do. There was "free" beer at the hotel before dinner, who wouldn't? Who wouldn't twice -- they weren't huge pours, after all. And a cocktail at dinner. That's how you have five drinks over the course of one day.

But, it's now the exception that proves the rule. No alcohol today, nor tomorrow. Probably over dinner on Wednesday, because we are going out to celebrate our son's graduation.

Intentional drinking. 

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 178 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

No comments: