Wednesday, May 10, 2023

I want to take the breath that's true.

First off, Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret is a very good film.

Now, did I feel odd walking into the theater by myself to see it? Yes, I did.

But I had this great, brief discussion with the only other person who sat through the credits, an older woman (anyway, older than me) who sat behind me. We exchanged notes, and we both agreed we didn't expect it to be as good as it was. A lot of great lessons about dealing with trauma, and how to be a good person.

I love living in Cleveland Heights.

156-160 BPM Playlist
Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
Cool Places - Sparks ft. Jane Wiedlin
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
Don't Change - INXS
Where Are We Now? - David Bowie
Doubt - Hippo Campus
Gratitude - Beastie Boys
Lies - The Rolling Stones
Play For Today - The Cure
Circle of Life - Elton John
No Love Lost - LCD Soundsystem

Oh my GOD, Hippo Campus. Choose an identity.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 37:27
Pace: 9:21
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 52°
Climate: sunny & nice
Mood: excellent
 
Legs felt heavy on Tuesday morning. Remember to take a break. Never push. Going fast is all right, but not with anxiety, not with your heart high in your chest. Do not force. Flow naturally into your strides. Listen to your body, always listen to your body.
 
Stretches: yes 
Abdominals: 90 sec. 
Upper body: 10 rep. (3x)
Water: yes

The right shoulder continues to hurt, but I continue to work it out. I take pain reliever, and also a topical analgesic. The only way out is through. There must be muscle, that is the only protection.

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 177 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Glorious. Beautiful. Just the right pace. Dodging goslings and deer and cars. We are in the zone.

No comments: