Sunday, June 16, 2019

Watch his body writhe.

I did not mean to do this.
How is my body? Not bad. Regular running makes me back hurt, my hip hurt. But you know what? Not running does that, too. Just differently.

The nail on my left big toe has been ... well, you don't want to know. It needs attention. Also, I used to have beautiful arches, now they are falling. Sometimes that hurts.

Week One Total: 18.75 miles
Training To Date: 18.75 miles

Also, Happy Father's Day. Last night was rough, I stuttered the first line of the play, that was something new. My tongue balled up in my mouth and I couldn't speak.

This is why I hate acting, I can't trust my muscles or my brain, it's terrifying. I wouldn't trust to put me in a play, ever.

Distance: 6.75 miles
Duration: 1:04:25
Pace: 9:32
Route: Uptown Loop
Temperature: 64°
Climate: overcast, cool & humid
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Very nice run with Chris, down through Lakeview, around MOCA and up Murray Hill. We both made our way up that hill will little issues, kept chugging along, never stopped. We're both much stronger than we were at the beginning of the year.

Talking Chicago, are we going to try for four? I've done my four hour marathon, twice, and I am uncertain I will ever break my time in the Twin Cities. This is Chris's first full marathon, though, so I am following his lead. And if breaking four hours is the goal, so be it. I think we can both do that.

One so we completed our first week of marathon training! This would be an excellent day to support my TEAM CHALLENGE campaign to find a cure for Crohn's and colitis! Will you join the team, and get us to the finish line? Hit the TEAM CHALLENGE button at top right (or this link!) Many thanks!

1969 Playlist
Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux - Led Zeppelin
We Got More Soul - Dyke & The Blazers
The Acid Queen - The Who
I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
Someday We'll Be Together - The Supremes
The Chokin' Kind - Joe Simon
A Boy Named Sue (Live) - Johnny Cash

One more playlist. What will 2019 bring? Any suggestions?

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 166.5 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: