Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Timepiece (one)

June 26, 1999
Twenty years ago today, my wife and I were married in my parents' backyard. We were wearing clothes.

Distance: 6 miles (running, sprinting & walking)
Duration: 1:02:26
Route: Forest Hill
Temperature: 70°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Instead of hitting the gym, Chris suggested some team cross-training; a run to the Rec Center to warm up (that's a mile for each of us) then do some hills in the park.

Podrunner Timepiece (160 bpm)

That was a great workout, miles there and back clocked in at about 8:45 - 8:50. We met up and took one of the trails down the hill. They were blocked with downed trees and branches which made for an interesting obstacle course but nothing unpassable.

We made it to the foot of Forest Hill Road, by the looming, abandoned apartment building. Behind that is a path back into the woods, and we sprinted that three times before heading back to the center to part.

Wish I had brought my rec pass, I would have finished up by working the machines. But then again, maybe I would be wrecked right now if I had. Time to get on with my day.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 166 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: