Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Correr como loco.

These folks are rehearsing a play I wrote,
and I do not even know them.
(Culver City Public Theatre)
Okay, here we go, running so often now I am running out of things to say. Or so it goes this morning. Yesterday was an indulgence, and not a good one. Cake, chips and dip, all manner of things sneaking their way into my system. That's not how we do this.

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 25:40
Pace: 8:33
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 65°
Climate: sunny & nice & humid
Mood: driven
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: no

Got behind laundry this week, had to locate pieces this morning, which is always stressful and puts me behind. Also, did laundry, rearranged the fridge, household things. The sun was well on its rise by the time I got out, which was visually challenging but also beautiful.

The slower pace was not as slow as I feared it might be, it's still brisk. Felt good. Tomorrow I hit the gym for upper body work, and I am really looking forward to that!

No, really!

155 - 159 BPM Playlist
Do I Have To Talk You Into It - Spoon
On the Verge - Nick Robinson
Lobo - Torreblanca
In the Waiting Line - Zero 7
Cool Places - Sparks ft. Jane Wiedlin
Whip It - Devo
Ten Duel Commandments - Company from "Hamilton"
Jaded - Green Day
The Shapes Between Us Turn Into Animals - Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians

By seven o'clock last night I was spent. That's where we are getting. Maybe if I had had a fifteen minute nap, those are extremely effective. Discovered that when I was twenty, I was doing three shows -- a mainstage, a class project and directing my own play (both firsts.)

I was also designing the set and sound for my first play. There was a lot of work, and I learned to set a timer for ten minutes, cross my arms across my chest like a vampire, and drop dead asleep. Woke like I had emerged from an oasis of cool.

Anyway, by nine o'clock I was practically comatose. Not nodding off, but as Mark noted (this was at a party) I was not as animated as usual. I was previously unaware of my animation.

No comments: