Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Pull me back to the ground again.

We are the robots.
We have a special project. I need to write a twenty-minute "quarantine" play for craft & theory. It must somehow be presentable under the current conditions. I could write a Zoom play. I guess I could also create a performance by one person, for one person, under safe conditions.

What I have decided upon is a Facebook Live event. And it will involve running. As temps are (marginally) above freezing today, I think this would be an excellent day to map out some times.

Distance: 1.75 miles
Duration: 16:36
Pace: 9:27
Route: Forest Hill
Temperature: 36°
Climate: a bit nippy
Pavement: clear
Mood: all right ... until!
Weight: 190 lbs.

Except, ugh. I pulled a muscle in my calf. Perhaps because of all of the starting and stopping, to record times. Well, dammit. Just this *ping* and I thought, you know? I'm going to walk now. In fact, I'm going to call my wife and ask her to pick me up. And that's what I did.

But not before I got all the times recorded, so the morning was productive after all. I am currently propped up with ice, and having taken a super-dose of Ibuprofen.

2009 Playlist
Fascination - La Roux
The Fear - Lilly Allen
Uprising - Muse
Dog Days Are Over - Florence +The Machine
Halo - Beyoncé

No comments: