Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Twisting, turning, we keep burning.

Immediately following our run on Monday I came down with a serious case of allergies, I was sneezing and blowing my nose all night. Yesterday was slightly better. But, my goodness, that was unpleasant.

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 50:13
Pace: 10:10
Route: Boulevard to Noble Loop
Temperature: 73°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: good
Weight: 191 lbs. (+1.0)

Oh, my lord. The places that boy will take me. A five mile run? Sure. He's moving up, I'm heading down. Had to walk twice. I mean. I am overweight. I am out of shape. And it is suddenly seventy degrees.

The goal is to make the eight mile run we used to do through the cemetery, around MoCA and home. I would run, he would bike. Now we run together, and he is killing it.

Just so long as it doesn't kill me.

1979 Playlist
I Zimbra  - Talking Heads
Ring My Bell - Anita Ward
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
September - Earth, Wind & Fire
Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
One Step Beyond - Madness
Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire
Does Your Mother Know - ABBA
Cleveland Rocks - Ian Hunter
Voulez-Vous - ABBA
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb
Disorder - Joy Division

It's all disco, he said. And he wasn't wrong.

I told him something about John running and he was surprised. He says he didn;t know my father ran. I was shocked. It's not like I didn't write a play about it ... but that was along time ago.

No comments: