Saturday, August 11, 2007

Is Chicago!

Lakeshore Trail
Distance: 6.25 miles
Stretches: yes
Drink: orange juice
Snack: bread with preserves
Time: 7.00 am
Weather: sunny and warm

Playlist:
Mass Repeat (Extended 12" Version) - Gabriel & Dresden
A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins
I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
Breathe - Télépopmusik
Big Time Sensuality - Björk
Water of Nazareth - Justice
Rocket Ride* - Felix da Housecat
Rock With You (White Label Mix) - Daft Punk vs. Michael Jackson
In Between Days* - Ben Folds
Tandem Jump* - Jonathon Richman
Just Keep Me Moving - k.d. lang
Hindi Sad Diamonds - Soundtrack from "Moulin Rouge"
Smack My B*tch Up - Prodigy
Cooldown: My Love - Justin Timberlake

Finally got my Chicago run in. Good one too, running along Lakeshore Drive reminds me of running along the lake front in Cleveland.

No, it doesn't. Not at all. That was a joke.

What an awesome lakeside running, biking, walking, whatever path. Seven am on a Saturday and the place is packed with movement enthusiasts. I had printed out a run through Lincoln Park before I arrived - just a few blocks from the B&B where I am staying at North and Hudson. But then I spotted this blonde who looked like she knew where she was going and I followed her all the way to Lake Michigan.

If I had planned ahead (I always forget to do this) I would have found out the Elvis Is Alive 5K is taking place this evening at 6pm, and scheduled my other events around that. Having said that, 6 pm - in the middle of August - is a weird time to have a race. Or even a "fun run."

Great place, where I'm staying, a single apartment in the middle of Old Town. I made myself two eggs and toast as a celebratory breakfast after. If my kit dries I might do it again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturdays on the lakepath in the summer are always packed with people training for the Chicago marathon. It's incredibly motivating when you can pass hundreds of runners.

The clapping I hear as I juggle past also makes me smile. I'm glad you liked your time in Chicago.

pengo said...

It's one of my favorite cities in the world. Should have made the jump before I started having kids.