Wednesday, August 29, 2007

You better beware ... you better take care ...


Last time I saw two skunks. Today, it was a deer. Just a deer, standing there, eating a neighbor's hedge out on Monticello. As I spotted it, it spotted me, and started to run in that goofy way towards the street where an oncoming car would hit it ... but then it dodged back owards the sidewalk as I came to a stop. We looked at each other. I averted my gaze, looking straight ahead, and walked past it. Just as I passed, it ran away, and so did I.

A co-worker is going for her first Half-Marathon. She says she's been having difficulty getting past six miles. I ask if she's been eating and hydtartiing and she sayid yes - but not on the run. I suggested a water break, she's running through town, there must be a public fountain somewhere in a six mile radius. Said she hadn't thought of it. I also told her about supplements (GU, ecch) and other things she might consume as she's going.

She was, like, wow, how do you know these things? And I said, well, I asked another runner how to get past six miles.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 164.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: Balance Gold
Time: 5.30 am
Temperature: 69º
Weather: balmy with a full moon

Playlist:
Blockbuster - Sweet
Eat for Two - 10,000 Maniacs
I'm Too Sexy (7" Version) - Right Said Fred
Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand
88 Lines About 44 Women - The Nails
Turn to Stone - ELO
Shoe Box - Barenaked Ladies
Bus to Beezebub - Soul Coughing
Cooldown: Magic Carpet Ride - Mighty Dub Catz

No comments: