Saturday, October 13, 2007

I ain't fooling, give me your refueling.


Fall has fallen. And so has my mojo. I've got the gear to get out there and keep going, but the wind and clouds and chill put me off, especially when I look around and see what disarray the house is in.

A half-hour run can take ninety minutes - suiting up, snacking, hydrating, stretching takes 30 minutes, running another thirty, thirty minutes to warm-down, log my run and rinse off. This is time which could otherwise be spent folding laundry, picking up, writing, for G-d's sake ...

In exchange for good health, a clear head, warm blood, lack of general aches, even distribution of whatever it is I eat. It is a worthwhile trade-off, except for the times that it isn't.

Then there's that thing about regular exercise keeping me from being maudlin, depressed and generally no fun to be around.

Today we attended the "Fall Party " at the kids' school. The girl scrambling all over the monkey bars, the boy kicking a ball all over the yard. My wife says I have turned our children into little athletes. I can't think of anything more ironic.

Anyway, I got out tonight. Getting chilly. Long shirt time, still the shorts.

Stats:
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 169 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Dinner: salmon, cabbage salad, potatoes, red wine
Drink: Gatorade
Start Time: 9.30 pm
Temperature: 55º
Weather: very cool

Playlist:
Tell Me Why (Original Mix) - Supermode
High (Higher Mix) - The Cure
Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
Whammy Kiss - The B-52s
Cooldown: Fascination - Everything But the Girl

No comments: