Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The muscles flex and the fingers curl


I will die on Monday, October 7, 2047. Or says the Death Clock. I find this difficult to believe - dying at the age of 79 - as half my family has a history of longevity. The other half ... well, I don't know, Dad is adopted as has never sought out his birth parents. But he's 72 already, in spite of living his adult life on the heavy side and smoking until he was 40.

I quit when I was 32, if you must know. In any case, if you hadn't noticed, I run, which I figure will win back some of the days or years I lost through bad habits. Of course, they're saying now that having a son will give you an early grave, if you are a mother. But I act like a mother so I assume the boy will kill me.

I had a dream last night that I told someone I had once climbed Mount Everest. I can't remember what the point of the conversation was, and I've never climbed Everest, I've only read Into Thin Air. I think what I meant was I have run a marathon, which to me, once upon a time, was as likely.

Anyway, squeezed a fast one in (that sounds nasty, doesn't it) between bathtime and bedtime. I seem to have slowed from one run every two, to every three days. My left ankle has been acting up, I haven't been stretching enough before these evening runs.

Stats:
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 168.5 lbs.
Stretches: a little, not enough
Dinner: spaghetti & meat sauce, broccoli, greens, kalamata olive bread with butter, water
Drink: Accelerade
Start Time: 8.30 pm
Temperature: 64º
Weather: warm & misty

Playlist:
Jazzhole - Free The Robots
Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac
Street Life - Roxy Music
The New Style _ The Beastie Boys
Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Strict Time - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
3 A.M. Eternal (Live at the S.S.L.) - The KLF
Cooldown: Making Plans for Nigel - XTC

No comments: