Saturday, October 20, 2007

I tried and I failed to teach you.



Daddy gets about ninety minutes of alone time on Saturday mornings while mom and the kids go to their music classes. I could have pushed it out to 5 miles or so, but that's all the time I get and there's preening to do. It's not easy to keep this shorn look alive. One day too many and I start looking shaggy.

Beautiful end to a difficult week last night. C. came over for a session of sketching, then she, mom and the kids contributed on making handrolled tortellini while I cleaned up - and there was "witch" cake as a surprise. Later I went with E. downtown to "celebrate" the 15th anniversary of the weekend we started our first theater company.

Fifteen years. Jesus. There was much drinking.

UPDATE: Following my shower I "shaved" the callouses that have built over the mosaic ... only they aren't so much callouses anymore, some have become scabs. There is actual bleeding, which I have been careful to avoid. I applied the Formalaz anyhow, which, as you might have imagined, felt like pouring formaldehyde into an open wound. "Felt like," because that is what I was doing.

The pain affects my entire foot. My toes instinctively curl in reaction to the pain, which affects the muscles in my entire foot. I limp. It takes a while for the pain to subside. It still really hasn't, some three hours later.


Stats:
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 168.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Breakfast: eggs, beans & toast
Drink: Accelerade
Start Time: 10.30 am
Temperature: 57º
Weather: bright & windy

Playlist:
Sydney/Dangerous Power/Tracking Treasure Down - Gabriel & Dresden
Synchronize - Tomboy
A Tab for the Holiday - Lilys

No comments: