Sunday, June 22, 2008

The calliope crashed to the ground

Did I ever mention Heart totally rocks?

So. Yes. Shame. Boat loads of shame. I have disobeyed doctors orders and gone for a run. Not running has been driving me absolutely batsh*t. It's like when I broke my heel three years ago. Just wanted to kill myself.

I have done what reading I can on the subject, and I got nothing. It's not inflamed, infected, there's fluid under the tissue which makes bending my knee more difficult than it should be. The wife did some searcging as well, and said it would be all right if I took it easy and went for a short one.

It was less than three miles. To me that's short. And I went slow - or I tried to. Had to stop at most stoplights. Walked down hills.

So. Will my knee swell up more than it already has? Will there be pain? I guess that was the test. What I can say is this - just the aerobic breathing has me feeling more cheered than I have been in days.

1976 Playlist
Car Wash - Rolls Royce
Lonely Boy - Andrew Gold
Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann
Crazy On You - Heart
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
Turn The Beat Around - Vicki Sue Robinson
Cooldown: Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones
(I'm) Stranded - The Saints
Step Right Up - Tom Waits

Run stats:
Distance: 2.75 miles
Weight: 167.5 lbs.
Stretches: oh, yes
Push-ups: 10
Sit-ups: 80
Temperature: 72º
Weather: warm with light rain

No comments: