Saturday, May 29, 2010

Everybody's free ... to feel good.

When you are strapped for cash, and are straining to tale good care of every physical object which contributes to your daily emotional and physical well-being, may I remind you not to cavalierly toss your sport headphones into your everything bag.

I mean, when I put phones in my bag (which carries a laptop, folders and paper ... but also sometimes keys) I col them carefully and place them in. But some time late last week I pulled out my N*ke Flight phones and it looked like a cat had been at them. I mean, was I keeping knives in my bag? There was a book in there sure, but wtf? I mean, they were ruined, all but cut entirely through in one spot.

It is disheartening to think I only run when I have muic available. I mean, look, I run Half Marathons without them, did so a few weeks ago. Listening to my breathing and my body. But you aren't alone in a marathon - not even in Cleveland - and the distractions and excitement are plentiful. Not so treading over the ground several times a week.

So I got new phones, because we are in Athens and I wanted to run. It is an informal "reunion" weekend, I will be meeting half a dozen former alum from the School of Theater here in a about a half-hour. I had invited them to join me this morning for the run, but, well, you know.

I took photos of the Hocking River run I always take, the shorter one. Expect to see those soon.

Pump Up the Volume Genius Mix
Pump Up the Volume - M/A/R/R/S
Mexican Radio - Wall of Voodoo
We Close Our Eyes - Go West
Can You Feel It - The Jacksons
Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
Just Can't Get Enough - De[eche Mode
One Thing Leads To Another - The Fixx
A Little Respect - Erasure
Everybody's Free (To Feel Good) - Rozalla
Girls On Film (Night Version) - Duran Duran

Distance: 4.25 miles
Temperature: 78º
Weather: hot & sunny

No comments: