Sunday, May 09, 2010

We should never be afraid to die



OK, here is the difference between my seven year-old daughter and I in a nutshell. This week I received a rejection slip for a play and sat in maudlin self-criticism for about 30 minutes. I thought, "What is wrong with me?"

The girl received word that her play was rejected - her first play, her first rejection. She thought for a moment and with pride and not a trace of recrimination said, "That was a good play, I worked hard on it."

And that was it.

2010 Playlist
New In Town - Little Boots
Uprising - Muse
Tigerlily - La Roux
Cousins - Vampire Weekend
TiK ToK - Ke$Ha
1901 - Phoenix
I Feel It All - Feist
Animal (Punks Jump Up Remix) - Miike Snow
Rude Boy - Rihanna
Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Giving Up The Gun - Vampire Weekend
In For The Kill - La Roux

Ladies and gentlemen ... 43 Playlists for 43 Years.

Thank you.

Distance: 6 miles
Temperature: 43º
Weather: cool but sunny
Weight: 157 lbs.

No comments: