Saturday, May 01, 2010

Reckoning

Two weeks ago, Rachelle pointed some kind of light gun at my knee. I try not to pass judgement on things I don't actually know anything about, but the idea of an "energy light" to heal damaged cells ranks up there with magnets and low electrical current. These things may work, but so does the placebo effect.

Well what can I say. My left knee, which has been troubling me for months, stopped hurting. Until this morning. I ran 3.25 yesterday, but I have run a few times since April 17. This morning I was stiff and sore. A trip to Rachelle's may have helped my back (I understand massotherapy) but I am not sure another light treatment did much to help. It aches beneath the patella, in front of and below my knee. She gave me tape to use, which does provide a surprising amount of support. I have extra for tomorrow.

Tomorrow. In two weeks is the Cleveland, and I have yet to do anything close to a long run. Tomorrow I will attempt to rise at 5 am, and make the ten-mile round trip to Gandhi and back. The playlist will be music from the year 1980 - that means tunes from Animalympics. If I can accomplish this without doing permanent damage, I will attempt to run 13.1 miles on the 16th. If not, well, you have your answer right there.

No comments: