Thursday, May 10, 2012

You can't run forever on your own.


Finding it hard to imagine I will be running a marathon in ten days. Only my second marathon. I am on track to either 1) break my previous best or 2) crash and burn.

But why? A few reminders. My training six years ago was determined, but I lacked several key points of knowledge regarding water and diet, about maintaining a long-distance run, about getting there. I ran too fast at the start, and did not have enough to eat on the journey. ALl kinds of things. My training to date has included several more long runs, which is mental as well as physical boost. Running from winter into spring has also been a big help. At least, now it is.

Distance: 5 miles
Route: Neighborhood Loop

However, I have other issues. My foot aches terribly, at odd times. Don't know how that will affect me, moving faster than usual (because of apprehension and the thrill of the race) and moving into -- for me -- extreme long-distance. Today the tendons behind my right knee are sore. Tomorrow, it could absolutely anything.

Temperature: 52º
Climate: cool
Weight: 165 lbs.
Snack: none

Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes


The Model Genius Playlist
Music Sounds Better With You (Bob Sinclair Remix) - Stardust
Let Your Mind Be Your Bed - Felix da Housecat
Musik Non Stop - Kraftwerk
Loneliness (MUC Remix) - Tomcraft
Voyager - Daft Punk
Tell Me Why - Supermode
LA Ride - Tiesto
Feelings Gone - Basement Jaxx
Groove Is In The Heart - Deeee-Lite

No comments: