Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's cold outside.

I am almost certain I once had a jawline.

The great thing about not being in training is you can stop. Just stop. For the past ten days, I have had no interest in running at all, none what so ever. This is a strange thing and one I do not feel (emotionally) great about. I tell myself I would have more energy if I just took that run ... but that time has not been available. Not in the early morning, and never at night, coming home at 9:30, 10:00, 10:30 pm with the temperatures consistently below freezing. Just not what I want to do.

When time has been available, I felt like not doing that thing. Of staying with the children. Of just sitting, reading, social media-ing. What have you. The tour is in full-swing, it makes me tired, this year, every year. You look, with the exception of last year (when I was in training) February is not generally a double-digit run month.

But enough excuses, there's only so far I can go without going. Already my thighs are acting up, I was distressed in January at how I was standing up like an old man, because my back and my stomach were weak. These weaknesses arrive again, it does not take very long at all. And so we move.

Temperature: 34°
Climate: cool & dry
Distance: 3.25 lbs.
Weight: 169.5 lbs.

Wait. What?

2010 Playlist
Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
Change of Time - Josh Ritter
White Sky - Vampire Weekend
Triple Double - Girl Talk
Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
Not In Love - Crystal Castles ft. Robert Smith
This Is The Remix - Girl Talk

1 comment:

Itibrout said...

"Little Lion Man" is the only thing we've got in common today. I didn't even run, but tomorrow is my long run.